Primary Causes Of Low Testosterone
These suggest that there is a problem with the testicles themselves, which can be a result of:
- Damage or injury to the testicles
- Cancer treatment
- Having too much iron in your blood from conditions such as haemochromatosis
- Klinefelter syndrome – this is a condition that can be present from birth, whereby men have additional X chromosomes . These extra chromosomes can affect the way the testicles develop.
- Undescended testicles – before birth, the testicles develop higher up in the body and move down or descend to a permanent position towards the scrotum. Occasionally, one or more testicles might not descend properly, and if left uncorrected, can lead to problems with the testicles, and a subsequent lower testosterone.
What Is Androgel And How Does It Work
AndroGel is synthetic testosterone mixed into a gel with alcohol that is applied to the skin once daily. The testosterone is absorbed into the skin for continuous 24-hour delivery into the body. The medication can cost as much as $500 a month, but some insurance companies cover it.
The drug is available in two strengths: 1 percent and 1.62 percent. Patients dispense the gel through a multi-dose pump or use single-dose packets. It is quick-drying, clear and odorless when dry.
The two dose strengths have different application sites. Patients can apply the 1-percent gel to the upper arms and shoulders as well as on both sides of the abdomen. For the 1.62-percent gel, the gel should only be applied to the upper arms and shoulders.
In men with Low T, the medication is intended to increase the total amount of circulating testosterone in the body to a normal range found in healthy men. According to the drug insert, this measurement is somewhere between 298 1043 ng/dl . If men use lotion or sunscreen, the amount of testosterone absorbed increases.
After applying AndroGel, men should wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water. It is also important to know that the drug is flammable until dry, and patients should avoid flames, smoking or fire.
How Anabolic Steroids Is Misused
People who misuse anabolic steroids start from harmless takings, and then they progress to take them orally, apply them on the skin as gel/cream, or inject them directly into their muscles. The problem is that most of these doses may be up to 10-100 times more than the prescribed dosage to treat the medical condition. There are some widespread practices for abusing anabolic steroids, they include:
- Stackingthis involves taking more than two different steroids together and mixing oral and injectable types.
- Plateauing involves alternating or substituting between different types of steroids to avoid the body and developing a tolerance/resistance for a particular steroid.
- Cycling this is the most common. It has to do with taking multiple doses for a particular time, then taking a break, only to restart the process soon.
- Pyramiding is slowly reducing the dosage of misusing the steroid until you taper off to zero.
There is still no evidence that has proven these practices would, in any way, reduce the consequences of these drugs.
Read Also: How Much Does Estradiol Cost
How Should This Medicine Be Used
Testosterone cypionate, testosterone enanthate , and testosterone undecanoate injection come as a solution to be injected into a muscle and as a pellet to be injected under the skin by a doctor or nurse in an office setting or clinic. Testosterone enanthate injection comes as a solution to be injected subcutaneously once a week by yourself or a caregiver.
Testosterone injection may control your symptoms but will not cure your condition. Your doctor may adjust your dose of testosterone depending on the amount of testosterone in your blood during your treatment and your reaction to the medication.
Always look at your testosterone enanthate solution before you inject it. It should be clear to light yellow in color and free of visible particles. Do not use it if it is cloudy, contains visible particles, or if the expiration date on the package has passed.
You can inject testosterone enanthate injection in the left or right side of your abdomen except your navel and the area 2 inches around it. Do not inject into an area where the skin is tender, bruised, red, or hard or where you have scars, tattoos, or stretch marks.
Your healthcare provider will show you how to use testosterone enanthate injection . Be sure that you understand these directions, and ask your healthcare provider if you have any questions.
Ask your pharmacist or doctor for a copy of the manufacturer’s information for the patient.
What Happens When A Mans Testosterone Is Low
When levels of testosterone fall too much, it can affect men both physically and psychologically. A total testosterone level considered low enough to need treatment is below 12 nmol/L. Whether youre having symptoms and whether you wish to have children in the future are other factors in deciding if treatment is right for you or not. Treatment should only be started following a face to face review with a doctor.
Some of the most common symptoms of low testosterone are:
- Reduced muscle growth
Recommended Reading: Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Cover Trt
Choosing Hormone Replacement Therapy
When your testosterone production slows down, you may think that you must accept it as a reality. The normal aging process that reduces testosterone levels may not require hormone replacement therapy for men. However, there is an alternative now that individuals can buy testosterone online.
Online hormone replacement therapy for men and women is very effective. Its best to consult a doctor prior to receiving hormone replacement therapy though, as a doctor can decide what is the best approach for an individual to increase his or her testosterone levels. People who suffer from heart problems, stroke, blood clots, or some kinds of cancer require a medical opinion before starting hormone replacement therapy treatments.
What Does The Test Result Mean
Males:The normal range for testosterone levels in men is broad and varies by stage of maturity and age. It is normal for testosterone levels to slowly decline, usually starting after age 30. This is a normal part of aging and typically doesn’t cause health problems.
A low testosterone level may be due to:
- Chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, HIV, liver disease, kidney disease or autoimmune diseases
- Physical injury or trauma to the testicles
- Viral diseases like mumps
- Removal of testicles to treat cancer
- Use of medications such as antidepressants or narcotic pain medications
- Hypothalamic or pituitary disease
- Genetic diseases that can cause decreased testosterone production in young men or testicular failure and infertility
Increased testosterone levels in males can indicate:
- Testicular tumors
- Adrenal tumors that are producing testosterone
- Use of anabolic steroids, which contain synthetic testosterone
- Early puberty of unknown cause in boys
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia in babies and children
Females:In women, testosterone levels are normally much lower than in males, and there are different ranges of normal for women than men. Increased testosterone levels can indicate:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Ovarian tumor or adrenal gland tumor
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Testosterone exposure
Also Check: Estrace Weight Gain
What Is Being Tested
Testosterone is the main sex hormone in men. Although it is considered a “male” sex hormone, it is present in the blood of both men and women. However, testosterone levels are normally much higher in men than in women. This test measures the level of testosterone in your blood. It is measured as total testosterone, either alone or in combination with free testosterone and/or bioavailable testosterone.
Testosterone is mainly produced by the male testicles. It is also produced by the adrenal glands in both males and females and, in small amounts, by the ovaries in females.
Testosterone production is stimulated and controlled by luteinizing hormone , which is made by the pituitary gland. Testosterone works within a negative feedback loop:
- A low level of testosterone causes increased production of LH, which in turn stimulates testosterone production.
- As the testosterone level increases, LH production decreases, which slows testosterone production.
What Are The Causes
Many of the symptoms, such as impotence, can be attributed to psychological problems such as stress, anxiety or depression. Other causes can be lifestyle choices such as a poor diet, lack of sleep, excessive alcohol consumption and general unfitness.
While testosterone levels gradually fall as you age, some men may suffer a significant drop in testosterone levels later in life. This is known as late-onset hypogonadism.
Supplements and steroids can also cause hypogonadism, especially if they are intended to affect the levels of testosterone.
You May Like: Can Estrace Cause Weight Gain
How Low Testosterone Levels Can Impact Health And Well
Men need a sufficient amount of testosterone for sperm production. Low levels can cause fertility related medical conditions. Testosterone also helps regulate bone density, muscle mass, metabolism and red blood cell production. Testosterone hormone levels influence cognitive functions, such as attention and memory, as well as mood and energy levels. Related health conditions, particularly in older men are often correlated with low serum testosterone levels.
Given the influence testosterone has on so many vital bodily functions and systems, androgen deficiency or having low levels of the hormone can cause a broad assortment of symptoms. Men who have deficient levels often experience some or all of the following symptoms of low testosterone:
- Low sex drive
- Skin changes
- Dry, brittle hair and nails
In women, serum testosterone levels are used to diagnose abnormal or no menstrual periods, infertility, masculine features , polycystic ovary syndrome and idiopathic hirsutism .
Avoiding Risky Offers On The Internet
Aside from the risks to a persons health, choosing to buy testosterone online without a medical prescription or supervision is illegal. Thus, individuals that purchase testosterone this way are performing criminal acts.
Online hormone replacement therapy thats legal can only occur with a doctors prescription.
Medical science offers an extremely clear position on the risks of online hormone replacement therapy. Hormones contribute to most of the functions that individuals rely on for good health, and they can get out of control if a person is upset by his or her hormone balance.
Also Check: Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Cover Testosterone Therapy
What Is The Treatment For Low Testosterone
Testosterone production decreases with age. When test results confirm low testosterone levels, testosterone therapy can bring those levels back up to a healthy, normal range based on your age. Typically, this will include lifestyle changes to promote hormonal balance, such as dietary changes, exercise and stress management. In many cases, testosterone replacement therapy is recommended, which involves supplementation of testosterone levels with medications. There is concern that testosterone replacement therapy may stimulate prostate cancer and breast cancer. However, there is no evidence that TRT causes cancer.
Testosterone hormone levels are typically monitored closely of throughout the stages of testosterone replacement therapy. Further lab testing may be done to evaluate the side effects of testosterone replacement therapy, which may include testing of thyroid function, cholesterol levels, diabetes status and prostate health. Testosterone tests are frequently ordered with follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone lab tests when hypogonadism is suspected or when starting testosterone treatment.
Why Does Testosterone Supplementation Cause Yeast Infections In Women Anabolic Minds Where Can I Order Testosterone
Does Testosterone Booster Help Sexually How Much Does A 10ml Vial Of Testosterone Cost Out Of Pocket Weight Training Women Causes Increase Testosterone Counter Niacin Flush In Male Enhancement. Does Magnesium And Zinc Increase Testosterone Testosterone Supplements Zma When Does Testosterone Start To Work.
Don’t Miss: Blue Cross Blue Shield Testosterone Coverage
Symptoms Of Testosterone Deficiency To Start Trt
Men and women may consider their T-hormone levels to be low if they experience the following symptoms :
- hair loss
- reduced spermiation
- reduced size of testicles.
The problem is that many of these symptoms are normal signs of aging, so they cant be the only way to define the low T. The proper diagnostics requires undergoing the specific laboratory evaluation that a doctor prescribes to learn if the treatment is indicated.
Buy Testosterone On The Black Market:
When we buy testosterone on the black market most commonly it comes from placing an order online or through a gym dealer. While these are the two common methods of purchase we must also consider human grade and underground forms, as well as the potential for counterfeits revolving around both.
- Buy Testosterone from the Gym Dealer: In most cases this will be one of the more expensive methods of purchase in most cases the gym dealer is a middle man and he is passing an increase in price on to you in order to turn a profit. However, such a purchase can be very convenient as you only need to walk right up to him and make a transaction.
- Buy Testosterone Online: This is the most common method of purchase as it provides some level of anonymity to the buyer and seller. Generally we have two scenarios:
Don’t Miss: Vyvanse And Testosterone
List Of Testosterone Injections For Online Purchase
Our experienced hormone specialists believe that injectable testosterone provides the best results for men. Oral Low T medication is never recommended due to an increased risk of liver toxicity. Transdermal TRT medication such as skin patches or gels takes longer to get results, increase the risk of skin reactions, cross-contamination to others and are significantly more expensive.
The following list explains the various types of injections for Low T:
- Cypionate the most commonly prescribed treatment for male Low T is available in a generically-compounded form. Most men inject testosterone cypionate once every two weeks.
- Enanthate the second most prescribed form of injectable testosterone also comes in a generically-compounded form and typically requires weekly injections.
- Propionate this fast-acting ester peaks rapidly in the bloodstream and requires injections every 2 to 3 days and is not recommended for regular use.
- Undecanoate the longest-lasting of all forms of injectable testosterone is also the most expensive and carries significant health risks. We do not recommend or prescribe this medication.
For more information about Low T diagnosis, treatment, and cost assistance programs, please contact our hormone clinic for a free consultation or make an order here at our online store and we will call you back!
Testosterone For Sale With Credit Card
When ordering testosterone online, you will want to be able to pay with your credit card, as this is the most convenient payment method. Wellness MGT offers testosterone for sale with credit card, enabling you to pay for your medication with any major credit card. All of our testosterone brands are available for sale online, so after you select the injections you need, you can easily purchase them in the comfort of your home. Our payment processing system is designed to be secure and protect both your credit card information and your privacy. So, you can safely purchase testosterone with your credit card and be sure no information will leak.
You May Like: Does Melatonin Help With Tinnitus
How Do I Boost My Testosterone Level
There are ways to boost your testosterone levels.
- High-intensity workouts seem to be the most beneficial
- Exercise can help maintain testosterone levels, and increase them in some cases if they are low
- Stress training in the evening may have a big effect
- Drinking less alcohol or avoiding other substances like cannabis can help reduce the risk of low testosterone levels
- Eating a balanced diet can promote healthy testosterone levels
- Maintain a health weight as being overweight is linked to low testosterone levels
- You may be prescribed testosterone supplements by a specialist if your levels are low
- A doctor will assess whether supplements are the right treatment for you
- You can also get treatment for the consequences of low testosterone, e.g. medications like Viagra for erectile dysfunction
What Are The Side Effects Of Testosterone Treatment
Even though testosterone replacement therapy is generally considered safe, it can be associated with some side effects. Its a good idea to be aware of these, since it helps you look out for them while you receive treatment. Some of the side effects include:
- Mild fluid retention
- Increased mood swings
Not all side effects can be seen, and you might be recommended to get some tests done to check for changes while youre receiving testosterone treatment. Some of the side effects you can test for include:
- Increased red blood cell count
Remember that if youre receiving testosterone replacement therapy, regular follow-up appointments with your doctor is always important. You should let them know if youre experiencing any side effects, even if you dont think theyre serious. Your doctor might be able to make some suggestions that can help.
If you experience any of these rare, serious side effects, then you should contact emergency services immediately:
- Signs of an allergic reaction hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of parts of the face or tongue
Also Check: Cost Of Estradiol Without Insurance