Metabolic Renewal Hormone Type : Mixed Signals Balanced Progesterone And Estrogen
Hormone Type 1 is considered to be the natural state of a womans monthly cycle, starting with a higher level of estrogen for the first 14 days, and transitioning into a stage of progesterone dominance for the last 14 days.
Even though the hormones in type 1 are performing as expected, that doesnt mean a woman with hormone type 1 will not be impacted by the natural fluctuations.
In fact, these hormonal cycles are responsible for all of the changes in a womans metabolism. Learning to eat, exercise, and live in harmony with these cycles will significantly boost fat burn.
Metabolic Renewal Hormone Type Quiz What You Need To Know
There are 7 metabolic types that you can have.
The metabolic renewal quiz looks at two main hormones. Estrogen and Progesterone. Both are very important female hormones.
Estrogen is a female sex hormone.
Estrogen helps control the menstrual cycle and plays other important roles in the reproductive system.
Progesterone is also another womans sex hormone that aids pregnancy while also having an important role to play in the menstrual cycle.
Your hormone type according to Jade Teta, depends on the levels of progesterone and estrogen in your body.
What Are The Functions Of The Different Types Of Hormone
Hormones are a type of molecule that originates in the endocrine glands. They greatly influence the growth and development process, metabolism and sexual function. The correct functioning of hormones is vital for the physical and emotional well-being of people. Correct hormonal levels also influence mood.
How Does Estrogen Impact Weight Gain
Produced within the ovaries, estrogen is responsible for optimal functioning of all female reproductive organs. Estrogen promotes the storage of fat for healthy reproductive years. When estrogen is balanced, the right amount of fat helps carry out female reproductive functions. However, when theres too little or too much estrogen, weight gain often results.
Overweight women typically have high amounts of estrogen, as do women in the first half of pregnancy. Then theres perimenopause and menopause, which are characterized by a notable decrease in estrogen. Its during this time that some women opt for hormone replacement therapy to replace declining estrogen levels.
Obesity And Sex Hormones
Body fat distribution plays an important role in the development of obesity-related conditions such as heart disease, stroke and some forms of arthritis. Fat around our abdomen is a higher risk factor for disease than fat stored on our bottom, hips and thighs. It seems that oestrogens and androgens help to decide body fat distribution. Oestrogens are sex hormones made by the ovaries in pre-menopausal women. They are responsible for prompting ovulation every menstrual cycle. Men and postmenopausal women do not produce much oestrogen in their testes or ovaries. Instead, most of their oestrogen is produced in their body fat, although at much lower amounts than what is produced in pre-menopausal ovaries. In younger men, androgens are produced at high levels in the testes. As a man gets older, these levels gradually decrease.The changes with age in the sex hormone levels of both men and women are associated with changes in body fat distribution. While women of childbearing age tend to store fat in their lower body , older men and postmenopausal women tend to increase storage of fat around their abdomen . Postmenopausal women who are taking oestrogen supplements dont accumulate fat around their abdomen. Animal studies have also shown that a lack of oestrogen leads to excessive weight gain.
How To Lose Weight
Theres a good bit of overlap between practices that support your adrenals and stress hormones, and habits that help you lose weight.
- Practice mindfulness. On top of stress-reducing benefits, mindfulness meditation can help prevent overeating.
- Sleep. Getting enough sleep reduces the burden on your adrenals and helps you snack less. If you dont know where you stand, here are some sleep trackers and apps that clue you in on your sleep quality.
- Go low-carb. Researchers linked insulin resistance and cortisol, a stress hormone. Cutting back on carbs improves insulin resistance and as a result may reduce cortisol as a result. Less cortisol means better fat metabolism.
- Do the right kinds of exercise. Excessive exercise elevates stress hormones, which is fine, even beneficial, if its infrequent. Get out and play every day, and once a week, go hard.
Can Hormone Replacement Therapy Help
Metabolic Renewal can be helpful to women in the menopause phase but are there other things to help with these symptoms?
Hormone replacement therapy has been used in menopausal women who are experiencing frustrating symptoms that are interrupting their quality of life. Estrogen hormones are given with various options of application. This can help to increase estrogen levels and reduce symptoms like hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings. Hormone replacement therapy is helpful to many women, but you should always work with your healthcare provider to determine if it is right for you.
Hormones That Affect Body Shape And Weight Loss
Hormones are the most powerful chemical messengers in the body and can make or break your weight loss.
When we think of the word hormone, we tend to think of issues such as menopause, puberty, thyroid disease orbeing grumpy and craving sugar at that time of the month. Butdid you know the food you eat and the exercise you do has a huge impact on your hormonal health and weight? For weight loss, calories are not the entire picture. Hormonal balance is key to helping you burn belly fat and look and feel your very best at any age.
What are hormones?
Hormones are the most powerful chemical messengers in the body, and when it comes to weight loss and feeling well, can make it or break it. In addition to blood sugar control and insulin balance, hormones control metabolism and therefore are intricately connected to the amount of fat you gain or lose. In other words, burning fat and achieving successful weight loss is in fact partly a hormonal event.
The three little hormones I want you to know about are:
1) Insulin Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas whose main role is to regulate glucose levels and promote fat storage especially around the belly. Foods that promote the secretion of insulin include white refined flours and sugars.
2) Glucagon Glucagon and insulin are enemies and have opposing effects. In other words, when one is up, the other one is down. Glucagon is a fat burning hormone and is secreted by the consumption of protein.
How To Take The Quiz
It takes less than two minutes to take the quiz. All you have to do is and answer some simple questions about your age, menstrual cycle, lifestyle, and what kind of results you want.
After you take the quiz, youll watch a video that goes into the results of your quiz. This is where youll learn which one of the seven Metabolic Renewal hormone profiles you currently fall into. This will give you a starting point for your journey to better health..
The whole quiz process is very quick and simple.
Understand How Insulin Impacts Weight
Insulin is one of the most important hormones when it comes to weight loss and weight gain. Made by the pancreas, insulin is responsible for storing blood sugar, or utilizing it, depending upon your bodys needs of the moment. After you eat a large meal, a substantial amount of insulin releases itself into the bloodstream. It also enters the bloodstream as needed throughout the day, ensuring that blood sugar levels remain stable.
Another key function of this essential hormone is fat storage. Insulin decides how much fat to store, and how much to convert for energy expenditure. Chronically high levels of insulin can lead to a condition known as insulin resistance, which is linked to an uptick in blood sugar as well as continued elevated insulin levels.
Preventing this insulin imbalance is crucial, as it leads to weight gain, and eventually type 2 diabetes. When insulin levels remain high over an extended period of time, obesity and metabolic syndrome are often the unfortunate outcome.
The Problem: Bra Bulge
The Hormone: Thyroid Hormones
Situated in the neck, the thyroid gland secretes the hormones triiodothyronine and thyroxine , which control how quickly your body burns calories and uses energy. Its hard to lose weight anywhere if your thyroid is under-active, but my female clients with low thyroid function very often have fat deposits under the armpits, says Tomlinson.
- Cut out anti-thyroid foods.Goitrogens are substances in food that can compromise the production of thyroid hormones, says Tomlinson. Limit your intake of food that contains them including broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, peaches, and peanuts.
- Meditate.Stress can alter thyroid metabolism, says Tomlinson. A Canadian study has found that mindfulness meditation can help ease stress.
- Choose quality cooking oils. Standard cooking oils, such as sunflower oil, can interfere with thyroid function, says Tomlinson. Focus mainly on olive oil. Extra-virgin olive oil is best as a dressing. For cooking choose light olive oil for its higher smoke point it can be heated to a higher temperature without degrading and forming harmful free radicals.
- Get your hormone levels tested. Your doctor can test levels of thyroid hormones and can check your blood glucose levels, which indicate how well your bodys responding to insulin. They can also refer you for hormone tests if you have symptoms of PCOS or are having fertility problems.
Also Check: Cat Ate Melatonin
Follow This Eating Pattern
Eating plenty of colorful vegetables and fruit along with heart-healthy fats such as olive oil and nuts as well as fish and vegetarian proteins appears to be one of the healthiest ways to promote weight loss and prevent chronic diseases. It may also make your cells more sensitive to insulin, reducing the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
In particular, oily fish contains long-chain omega-3 fatty acids that may help reduce insulin resistance, a risk-factor for Type 2 diabetes.
Having healthy fats in your meals and snacks triggers the release of hormones that help you feel more satiated, which can support weight loss.
What Else You Should Know
Cost: Eating organic will probably add to your grocery bill. Beyond your food shopping and supplements, the hormone tests Turner recommends may not be covered by your insurance.
Support: None, though Turner runs a Toronto clinic that offers health assessments, nutrition and exercise coaching, and other health and wellness services.
Don’t Miss: Nugenix Estro Regulator Side Effects
What Are The Metabolic Renewal Quiz Questions
The quiz will ask you what age range you fall into, what challenges your facing with diet and exercise, how many inches youd like to lose off your waist, and your ideal time frame for losing those inches.
The rest of the questions will focus on your menstrual cycle or lack thereof.
Do you have a regular or irregular cycle?
Is your flow heavy or light? Are you using hormones or contraceptives?
Have you had a full or partial hysterectomy?
Do you experience PMS, or suffer from conditions such as endometriosis or PCOS?
Despite the short length of the quiz, its quite thorough in developing a profile of the unique issues you may be facing, and can quickly determine your individual hormone type.
Want to take the Metabolic Renewal Quiz Now?
The Problem: Pot Belly
The Hormone: Cortisol
Cortisol is released under stress, says Glenville. It releases sugar into the bloodstream, readying us to run or fight, activities which would use up the sugar. But nowadays, were under chronic, low-level stress from sitting in traffic jams or fielding lots of emails. This means cortisol is constantly being released, leading to consistently raised blood sugar.
The sugar has to be stored somewhere, and because the presence of cortisol makes the body think a threat is present, it stores it as fat around the middle of the body, where it can be accessed quickly. The other problem is when youre stressed, youre more likely to reach for sugary snacks in a bid to raise your energy. This reinforces the problem, as the blood sugar roller-coaster can further exacerbate stress.
- Try natures tranquilizer. Look for foods rich in magnesium such as leafy greens, bananas, and yogurt. Magnesium helps your body deal with stress and relaxes muscles, says Glenville.
- Get more sleep. Research has found that a lack of sleep leaves you with higher levels of cortisol by the following evening, so aim for a solid eight hours. Having trouble nodding off? Try one of these expert tricks for falling asleep.
- Switch to herbal teas. Caffeine can trigger cortisol release, so stick to one caffeinated drink a day, says Glenville. Instead, try calming herbal teas like chamomile.
Read Also: Melatonin And Unisom Together
List Of Human Hormones
The following is a list of hormones found in Homo sapiens. Spelling is not uniform for many hormones. For example, current North American and international usage is estrogen and gonadotropin, while British usage retains the Greek digraph in oestrogen and favors the earlier spelling gonadotrophin .
|AR||5-DHT or DHT is a male reproductive hormone that targets the prostate gland, bulbourethral gland, seminal vesicles, penis and scrotum and promotes growth/mitosis/cell maturation and differentiation. Testosterone is converted to 5-DHT by 5alpha-reductase, usually with in the target tissues of 5-DHT because of the need for high concentrations of 5-dht to produce the physiological effects.|
Males: Prevent apoptosis of germ cells
|Stimulation of gluconeogenesis|
Leptins Role In Good Health
Some believe that weight loss and body fat levels are all about willpower, while others think its a combination of genetics and hormones. While it might be impossible to prove the exact proportions, the answer is likely both.
While making good nutritional decisions is a big part of it, so is being satisfied by a correct amount of food.
If you are healthy, leptin tells your brain that you have sufficient fat stored away for a rainy day. If your stores are full, theres no point in eating much more and your appetite is suppressed.
Since leptin controls your levels of fat storage, it makes sense that obese people have more leptin . But wait, shouldnt that make them want to eat less?
It should, but it doesnt something is broken. Many obese people are leptin resistant .
Heres the problem: Once you are leptin resistant, your brain cant interpret the leptin signals as it should. Even though there is a ton of leptin in your bloodstream, it doesnt think there is . This causes obese people to eat past the point of where they should be satiated, which just continues this vicious negative cycle.
Recommended Reading: Can I Take Unisom And Melatonin
How To Keep Estrogen At Optimal Levels
To balance estrogen levels naturally and prevent the weight gain that happens with an estrogen imbalance, youll want to do the following:
- Commit to a regular exercise routine. Many studies, including this 2012 one, published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, explain how exercise lowers estrogen levels in obese women.
- Eat your fiber. Fibrous foods help decrease elevated estrogen levels.
- Eat veggies in the cruciferous family. These include broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, and bok choy. Anything green and leafy is always a good idea, too!
- Reduce your exposure to endocrine disruptors. Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that interfere with our natural hormones. Avoid plastic containers, cans, or water bottles made with BPA. Never microwave plastic.
- Choose organic foods when possible, and choose phthalate-free cosmetics and personal care products.
- Consider bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, which uses plant-based hormones identical to those produced naturally by the human body to keep hormones balanced.
Focus On Diet Quality
Overall, diets that are high in a variety of whole foods that are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, and phytochemicals promote healthy hormone levels.
Hormones such as insulin, cortisol and sex hormones can be negatively affected by a lower-quality diet, such as one that has lots of refined carbohydrates along with hydrogenated and saturated fats from fried foods, fatty meats and highly processed foods.
To reduce elevated insulin levels, eating better-quality carbohydrate sources and less carbohydrates overall may help.
Higher-quality carbohydrates tend to be lower on the glycemic index, minimally processed and higher in fiber. Examples include whole grains such as 100 percent stone-ground whole wheat, rolled or steel-cut oats and barley, pulses such as lentils and chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and berries.
There is also some evidence that low-carb diets can help lower elevated insulin levels.
Eating too much or not enough is also not desirable from a hormone perspective: Overeating can cause insulin levels to rise, while undereating or chronic dieting negatively affects levels of cortisol and sex hormones.
Recommended Reading: Nugenix Estro Regulator Reviews